Mysterious Button Input

Brute

Standard Donor
So, I first noticed shit was amiss when trying to practice the Shooting Star Press and noticed that in training, often it would register random H+P+Ks while I try to input the move. So I switched to a custom controller layout, removed taunt and H+P+K from any button, then tried it again. Same thing. Then I tried both sidestep options. Same thing.

Then I remembered that every once in a great while that when doing the Izuna Otoshi, Ryu would launch the opponent and then go into his "nin" taunt rather than teleporting up and dropping their ass like he's supposed to (something that could conceivably result from random H+P+K blurts).

Finally, I noticed that randomly rapping directions on the D-pad (movement only, no attacks, throws, blocks w/e else) quickly with Ayane results in her spazzing like a nut, tossing out random attacks, throws, holds, taunts and whatever else (and yes, I realize she has special roll/spin type moves and no, these weren't them).

So basically, what is this? Is my controller busted? Do others have this issue? Why does it only happen on certain characters/at certain times? Is it intentional? What's the best way to avoid it?

Brute

Standard Donor
Lame. I'll look into it. Weird that it only happens under certain conditions, though.

Thanks guys.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD