Is Dead or Alive 5 U considered to be a full game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nu Gundam

Sorry for the obvious question, but is this game considered complete? Someone I know claims its not because not all dlc material is carried over. I thought it was silly, but I'd imagine a lot of ppl hate this game given what it is: a re-release with improvements.

Rawbietussin

I wouldn't say complete. Just an upgraded version of your boring, old vanilla game.

If it was complete, there wouldn't be adding left to enhance on.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Sorry for the obvious question, but is this game considered complete? Someone I know claims its not because not all dlc material is carried over.
Whoever told you that was lying or got the information wrong, all DLC from Vanilla 5 carries over to DoA5U if you already own the DLC.

However some of Vanilla's DLC is on disc and unlockable through Arcade and Time Attack/Survival etc.(packs 1, 2, 4(bunnies only)5 and 9) they probably misunderstood that statement.

And although 5U IS a re release, with all the changes to the gameplay, online, character move sets, new characters, new stages etc. it may as well be a brand new DoA title.

But it's not the first time we've seen this though, look at Dead or Alive 2 it's had 3 releases DoA2 on Deamcast, DoA2 Hardcore in 2000(Hard*Core in JPN) on PS2 and then finally a full blown remake in 2004 with Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate on Original Xbox.
so there was 2 different versions in the same year.

Chapstick

Do you know what a slap in the face it would be to include every single dlc pack for free in ultimate to the people that have spent 100+$ on it in 5?

That would be bigger than the NG3 to NG3RE thing.

Chapstick

im sorry but if you spent 100 dollars on the crappy DLC they were giving out then you have no one but yourself to blame.
Imagine for a moment you had spent 100+$ on dlc for any game (even if you're not the kind of person to do something like that, I'm not either, but just imagine) only to find out a year later all of it was in a second edition of the game for $39.99. That'd be bull no matter what the game or dlc was.

XV MR ARMANI

if TN really goes apeshit & pull a capcom releasing "Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate v. 2014" they better make it $20, add in Tengu, Miyako, & some other new folk to the roster. THEN add in burai zenin, lorelei, & the doa3 snowstage. I'll be a happy man

chocogerman777

if TN really goes apeshit & pull a capcom releasing "Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate v. 2014" they better make it $20, add in Tengu, Miyako, & some other new folk to the roster. THEN add in burai zenin, lorelei, & the doa3 snowstage. I'll be a happy man
they should add the rest of the VF cast too. that'd be somethin'.

David Gregg

I swear on Helena's pasties if Miyako makes it in this game before Tengu...

tumblr_mji35uv84L1qcwgxao1_500.gif

Nu Gundam

Whoever told you that was lying or got the information wrong, all DLC from Vanilla 5 carries over to DoA5U if you already own the DLC.

However some of Vanilla's DLC is on disc and unlockable through Arcade and Time Attack/Survival etc.(packs 1, 2, 4(bunnies only)5 and 9) they probably misunderstood that statement.

And although 5U IS a re release, with all the changes to the gameplay, online, character move sets, new characters, new stages etc. it may as well be a brand new DoA title.

But it's not the first time we've seen this though, look at Dead or Alive 2 it's had 3 releases DoA2 on Deamcast, DoA2 Hardcore in 2000(Hard*Core in JPN) on PS2 and then finally a full blown remake in 2004 with Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate on Original Xbox.
so there was 2 different versions in the same year.

That's kind of what I was thinking, too. Doesn't DOA5U contain more features when you compare it to DOA5 vanilla? Anywho, thanks for the replies guys!

David Gregg

Sorry for the obvious question, but is this game considered complete? Someone I know claims its not because not all dlc material is carried over. I thought it was silly, but I'd imagine a lot of ppl hate this game given what it is: a re-release with improvements.

It depends on what your definition of "complete" is. It's more complete than vanilla DOA 5 for sure. Has more characters, stages, modes, and a (hopefully) better online.

DR2K

It's going to have more DLC costumes and patches, but I'm pretty sure this is it for major revisions and whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD