News DOA5U gets Best Game Update and #3 Fighting game of 2013 @SRK

Malfury

-I would say 12-13 years ago I did an extensive break down of DOA3/3.1 in comparison to that of VF4/EVO Depth wise. That breakdown made it very clear that DOA is an extremely deep fighter and is just as competitive worthy! VF5 Characters in the DOA universe once again proved this to be fact. The system is so deep that those featuring characters were able to retain virtually all of their VF5 gameplay nuances, and those that did not, were compensated with DOA specific nuances that rival those missing from VF5. With that said, it is merely a fact that these players like to revel in their ignorance!
I really love deep games myself, but for alot of people (if not most), that doesn't mean much. VF, DOA, and Tekken games are the deepest games you could possibly get, but they aren't that popular (except maybe Tekken) because the games are just simply too complex or the learning curve is too steep to pick up. For example, when I was going from DOA4 to 5, I almost dropped 5 because I didn't really understand the new systems that well.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I really love deep games myself, but for alot of people (if not most), that doesn't mean much. VF, DOA, and Tekken games are the deepest games you could possibly get, but they aren't that popular (except maybe Tekken) because the games are just simply too complex or the learning curve is too steep to pick up. For example, when I was going from DOA4 to 5, I almost dropped 5 because I didn't really understand the new systems that well.
-Lmao. This right here is the utter truth. To call any of these games shallow is an insult.

Rawbietussin

It puzzles me how big of a push SG and BBCP got to reach 9000+ votes yet 5U being the 3rd placer is only at 1400+ votes. Regardless congratulations to 5U for best update and SG for best fighting game.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD