Core Fighters free character trial/rotation?

DontForkWitMe

Hayate is a complete dork and is like that uncool friend that Busa hangs out with to make himself look cooler. I mean just compare these win quotes that truly emphasizes the dorkiness he exhibits

I have no weaknesses

-Ryu Hayabusa

Im just...too.. damn...strooooong

-Bass Armstrong

Come back after you collect all your teeth
-Leon

I am Hayate!
-
Hayate

Which of these lines after walloping on an opponent fits the criteria of an uncool dork?

TRI Mike

Hayate is a complete dork and is like that uncool friend that Busa hangs out with to make himself look cooler. I mean just compare these win quotes that truly emphasizes the dorkiness he exhibits
I have no weaknesses
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Bass Armstrong

-Leon

I am Hayate!
-
Hayate

Which of these lines after walloping on an opponent fits the criteria of an uncool dork?

Golden

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Hayate is an extremely prideful and arrogant man who thinks hes the strongest person,thing is so is Leon and both are wrong. the reason no one calls Leon out on it is because he doesn't place himself right next to Ryu for a comparison. i will admit the win quote is a bit off but it matches Hayate's personality

Zeo

I have no weaknesses
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Bass Armstrong

-Leon

I am Hayate!
-
Hayate

...But... you picked his lamest winquote.

...No one can face me.
-
Hayate

It's still not as good as Busa's but at least it doesn't make him sound like a friggin superhero.

Chapstick

I have no weaknesses
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Bass Armstrong

-Leon

I am Hayate!
-
Hayate

I spittled all over my screen. Ayane has better win quotes than him and she considers him her mentor. "You know, you're supposed to watch your opponent when you fight."

I'm actually really surprised they're rotating free additional characters, I think that's a good idea. It could either make someone buy the characters or make them consider buying the full copy. Plus we can see some non-ninjas from the CF players.

David Gregg

I still they they should have diversified the four core fighters a bit. Why all ninjas? Why not have one grappler (Tina), one striker (Hitomi), one Virtua (Akira), and one ninja (Kasumi)?

Now we're gonna see these ninjas all-the-time. Probably pretty noobish-ones, too.

Agreed. DOA5+ demo had Ryu, Kasumi, Tina, and Eliot so that at least had a little more variety. I think they did that on purpose though so that people would want to buy additional fighters (I still stand by my saying that F2P = free to pay)

...And then you have Hayate. The "other" ninja.

Hayate pissed me off to no end earlier in the series. His sister literally puts her life at stake and becomes a runaway shinobi just to avenge him and when he ends up being alive he's all like "Nope... you ran away now I can't be seen with you ever again"

If I was Kasumi I would have said "Oh okay **** you Mother(##)%#(@"

Last edited:

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
What people don't seem to realise is Kasumi left Hayate's side to avenge him Raidou would have had the kill squads on him had the girl stayed put and waited for an order to do the exact same thing. Her being the of the ruling class wouldn't help much either because her getting special treatment would lead to discontent in the villiage. In other words no she didn't have a good reason she should have stayed put. maybe if she did Hayate wouldn't have gotten kidnapped afterwords.

Brute

Standard Donor
Thing is: she's princess of the village when Hayate is in a coma (head of op). Should she be able to authorize an assault on DOATEC, just like Hayate does himself shortly after in DOA4?

Silly ninjas.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Thing is: she's princess of the village when Hayate is in a coma (head of op). Should she be able to authorize an assault on DOATEC, just like Hayate does himself shortly after in DOA4?

Silly ninjas.
And now she can never go to her village ever again, but she now lives in what seems to be Hayabusa village. Onii-chan or not Onii-chan I'd still choose Busa over Hayate lol

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
They are figure heads nothing else,its not that hard to see someone else is pulling the strings cause it sure as hell isn't Hayate

Ironically this is actually pretty good publicity for the non-ninjas. for the first time TN is going to be telling people to play them specifically

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD