Bass General Tag Pairings and Combos

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Tag's always been a great mode, but often overlooked.

Putting Bass in a tag team gives him some very decent benefits. His strengths, which in include his throws and high damage are elevated thanks to new combo opportunities and his weaknesses, which include speed can be addressed by having a partner who can deal with fast characters.

Mr. Wah said:
Bass appears to be much better suited as a Juggle Extender and Juggle Ender over being a Juggle Starter. He needs characters to complement this by helping him get the initial launch.

The above combo can show you how strong he is in the tag game.

The aim of this thread is to document good Tag combos, pairing and combo extensions.

Useful Moves
  • :P::+::K:
This move used to be one of Bass' main juggle extenders back in DOA1-3. In DOA5T, it has regained it's usefulness as a juggle extender. This also includes his :4::P::P::P::+::K: which is a great extender.​
  • :6::P::K:
Your go-to juggle extender as it launches high enough and tag cancelling this move would make this a very decent juggle extender.​
  • The Sit Down Stuns
While Bass' is more useful in combos and tag throws, he has some very good sit-down stuns. These include:​
:9::P::P:
:P::K: and :3::K: on crouching opponents​
second hit of :3::3::P::P: on NH​
BT :4::K: on CH, HCH and crouching opponents​
  • The Juggles Enders
:9::P::K::P: and his two other air-grabs are good ender as :9::P::K::P: cause hard knock-down and his air-grabs can reset the damage scaling and they can cause wall hits for good additional damage. :6::K::P: can also be performed if you feel like the opponent is too low to the ground or too far for either :9::P::K::P: or the air-throws (though you should at least aim for the neutral air-throw in most cases).​
More to come...

Pairings
While every character should be viable for Tag combos, there are those who can dish out the best with Bass. While I may be the least experienced when it comes to DOA5T, Sorwah knows some pairings that be very beneficial.

Mr. Wah said:
  1. Rig
Rig's numerous SDS allow for him to be a good juggle starter of the team. He also is able to provide a lot of pressure with good spacing tools due to his bending stance. Rig can literally SDS chain to CB! all by himself in this mode. I suggest after a CB! to tag in on Bass no matter what so he can do :214::P: as a damaging launcher into :6::P::K: to tag rig in. Rig's pressure with the BND kicks also helps as many are natural combos and can launch with Juggle Extensions really well. Additionally, Rig as a juggle ender can perform knockdown state juggles that by himself he isn't capable of taking care of, but Bass can be tagged in to get a free pick-up/force-tech. Rig and Bass are a special team and each will do more damage for their neutral tag throws. Rig does lack in his own throw damage but is complemented well by Bass' extreme throw damage to compensate. Lastly, they can have a matching attire with their oil rig outfits.​
  • Mila
Mila is practically a quicker form of Bass with the ability to do some solid mix-up pressure and open a string. She can't guarantee a CB! on her own but she can lead into serious damage off Juggle Enders due to her guaranteed ground throws that might be just-frame guaranteed combo throws for extra damage. She also is a character that is a specified team with Bass so their team throws do more damage than the norm, and Bass' tag throw out to Mila either guarantees or is deceptive in giving Mila a free ground throw once tagged in. Additionally, with the proper DLC outfit purchased, Bass and Mila share an outfit to make them look more like a team.​
  • Kasumi :kasumi:
Any Bass player knows why she could very well be on this list. She is exceptional as a Juggle Starter and Juggle Extender. What she lacks in damage is made up by Bass. She can also relaunch very high and hit multiple times on a tag extension to allow more damage in before Bass lays in more. She shares a special tag throw with Bass, and has a standing and crouching throw that both launch. These two can easily complement each other as one's strengths is easily the other's weakness.​

Tag Throws
:ayane::h::+::P:
:bayman: Both Bass and Bayman have :h::+::P: and :6::h::+::P: version of their throws (with the latter having wall version of the throw for both characters)
:genfu::h::+::P: (looks pretty cool)
:jannlee::h::+::P:
:kasumi::h::+::P:
:lisa::h::+::P:
mila.jpg
:h::+::P:
rig.jpg
:h::+::P:
:tina: :h::+::P: & :6::h::+::P:
:zack: :h::+::P: & :6::h::+::P:

Generic tag throws with Bass would end up being a multi-tag-throw, with Bass having one of the most damaging ones imo. This is actually pretty nasty and timing is not hard.

Combos

:426::h::+::P:** :5: :268::h::+::P: > :P+K: > :3::P: > :4::P::P::P+K: > :9::P::K::P:(:3::P:,:H+P:) (L, M)

:426::h::+::P:** :5: :268::h::+::P: > :P+K: > :3::P: > :9::P::K::P: (L, M, H) (103 Dmg)

:426::h::+::P:** :5: :268::h::+::P: > :P+K: > :3::P: > :4::P::P::P+K: > :H+P: L, M, H) (127 Damage)

:426::h::+::P:** :5: :268::h::+::P: > :4::P::P::P+K: x3 > :H+P: (L)

:426::h::+::P:** :5: :268::h::+::P: > :P+K: > :3::P: > :4::P::P::P+K:(x2) > :426: :H+P: :5: :h::+::P:

:426::h::+::P:** :5: :268::h::+::P: > :P+K: > :3::P: > :4::P::P::P+K: > :4::P::P::P+K: > :H+P: (L, M, H) (159 Dmg)

:426::h::+::P:** :5: :268::h::+::P: > :P+K: > :4::P::P::P+K: > :4::P::P::P+K: > :6::K::P: (L, M, H) (140 Dmg)

Starting with Hayabusa: :426::H+P: , :236::P:, :3_: :5: :4::K:, TAG, Run Under, BT :7::K:. :8::K:, :9::P::K:, TAG, :8::P:, :3_: :5: :4::K:, TAG, :426::H+P:

Bass/Rig
Hi-counter Hold
Medium Weight
:bass: :426::[[H+P]]::5::268::H+P::P+K::3::P::3::P::6::P::K: T! :K::K: T! :6::P::K: T! :K::K::4_::K::K::K: T! :6::6::2::H+P: - 241 damage + possible ground + pickup

Brad/Bass
brad :6::K: t! :3::K: t! :8::P: t! :3::P+K: , :214::P: t! :4::6::P::6::P::P: t! :6::P::K: t! :3::K::K: t! :9::P::K: t! :3::K::P::P: t! :426::H+P::5::H+P:

the-powers-of-pain3.jpg

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Bass appears to be much better suited as a Juggle Extender and Juggle Ender over being a Juggle Starter. He needs characters to complement this by helping him get the initial launch.

Specifically, he lacks any one hit SDS attacks on a standing opponent. His only options for a SDS are :9::P::P:, :3::K:, :P::K:, and BT :4::K:.

:3::K: and :P::K: are both SDS that require the opponent to be in a crouch state and are typically your go to tag-in combo extenders off a partner's Sit-down stun.

He does have a few good characters he can have good chemistry with. The idea is that you'd probably want a fast character to complement his overall slowness but hit-like-a-bus power. The quicker characters can typically provide a very large amount of relaunchers allowing him to do an ender of :9::P::K::P: or :426::H+P:.

Three characters I think that right now he has a good to great chemisty are:
  1. Rig
Rig's numerous SDS allow for him to be a good juggle starter of the team. He also is able to provide a lot of pressure with good spacing tools due to his bending stance. Rig can literally SDS chain to CB! all by himself in this mode. I suggest after a CB! to tag in on Bass no matter what so he can do :214::P: as a damaging launcher into :6::P::K: to tag rig in. Rig's pressure with the BND kicks also helps as many are natural combos and can launch with Juggle Extensions really well. Additionally, Rig as a juggle ender can perform knockdown state juggles that by himself he isn't capable of taking care of, but Bass can be tagged in to get a free pick-up/force-tech. Rig and Bass are a special team and each will do more damage for their neutral tag throws. Rig does lack in his own throw damage but is complemented well by Bass' extreme throw damage to compensate. Lastly, they can have a matching attire with their oil rig outfits.​
  • Mila
Mila is practically a quicker form of Bass with the ability to do some solid mix-up pressure and open a string. She can't guarantee a CB! on her own but she can lead into serious damage off Juggle Enders due to her guaranteed ground throws that might be just-frame guaranteed combo throws for extra damage. She also is a character that is a specified team with Bass so their team throws do more damage than the norm, and Bass' tag throw out to Mila either guarantees or is deceptive in giving Mila a free ground throw once tagged in. Additionally, with the proper DLC outfit purchased, Bass and Mila share an outfit to make them look more like a team.​
  • Kasumi :kasumi:
Any Bass player knows why she could very well be on this list. She is exceptional as a Juggle Starter and Juggle Extender. What she lacks in damage is made up by Bass. She can also relaunch very high and hit multiple times on a tag extension to allow more damage in before Bass lays in more. She shares a special tag throw with Bass, and has a standing and crouching throw that both launch. These two can easily complement each other as one's strengths is easily the other's weakness.​

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Additionally, with the proper DLC outfit purchased, Bass and Mila share an outfit to make them look more like a team.

I love that you just had to mention that, lol.

Seriously though, this is some useful information since there will no doubt be a sudden interest in tag.

LostSkeleton73

Standard Donor
I'm definitely going to try the Bass/Rig team up. When the game was getting close to coming out, I wanted to put time into working on Rig, but Bass is all I ever play. Now I have to start working with him.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Okay, right now I'm just obsessed with trying to find a way to connect the BT :7::K: in a combo.

Also, Ayane's :8::K::K: launches really high.

A cool tag-specific combo I found the other day:

:426::h::+::P:** :5: :268::h::+::P: > :P::+::K: > :3::P: > :3::P: > :426::h::+::P: :5: :h::+::P: (L, M)

Looks pretty cool and reminds me of DOA3 combos (no I'm not talking about Rock n' Roll Express).

Darth Lotonic X

Hayabusa/Bass:

Starting with Hayabusa: :426::H+P: , :236::P:, :3_: :5: :4::K:, TAG, Run Under, BT :7::K:. :8::K:, :9::P::K:, TAG, :8::P:, :3_: :5: :4::K:, TAG, :426::H+P:

Very high on execution by Doa standards. Also, after the tag to Hayabusa, it's what I think should work because I kept fucking up there.

Here are some Tag specific Bass Only Super Launcher combos:

No Wall:

Lights/Mediums: :P+K:, :3::P:, :4::P::P::P+K:,:9::P::K::P:(:3::P:,:H+P:) 125 Damage (135 Damage)

Heavies: :P+K:,:3::P:,:9::P::K::P: 103 Damage

Heavies(No Reset): :P+K:, :3::P:, :4::P::P::P+K:,:H+P: 127 Damage

Wall:

Lights: :4::P::P::P+K: x3, :H+P: 163 Damage

Lights on Sakura::P+K:,:3::P:,:4::P::P::P+K:,:4::P::P::P+K:,:426: :H+P: 168 Damage

Mediums: :P+K:,:3::P:,:4::P::P::P+K:,:4::P::P::P+K:,:H+P: 159 Damage

Heavies: :P+K:,:4::P::P::P+K:,:4::P::P::P+K:,:6::K::P: 140 Damage

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Rig is pretty much Hwoarang except he's much more accessible (though his lows are nowhere near as good and Hwo). You'd only need like five moves and two grabs and you can trade his hard-knockdowns with Bass' pick-ups and high damage (no scaling on air-throws).

This team can easily do 70-80% on average with some very easy starters and they both have tag throws. I believe Bass has better synergy with this guy than Tina.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I agree.

I think Bass has better synergy with Rig and Bayman than Tina.

The reason being that Bayman's P+K sitdown can go well into CB! when mixed with Bass AND they have the most tag throw options. Their neutral tag throw is a wall slam-able throw as well as ground throw. They also have a tag throw off Bayman's 6H+P OH, and Bass has neutral throw and 6H+P do a tag throw to him. They do have difficult in team juggling i believe but have lots of hard knockdowns available.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Both Rig and Bayman are underrated characters. One has some very good combos and the other has very good tag throws.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD