Valkyrie Drive General Discusion

Banana56

Valkyrie Drive is the sister game to Senran Kagura coming out for PS4 and PS Vita.

About

A game where girls’ bodies become the weapons. From Exploding Breasts producer Kenichiro Takaki comes a new “Exploding Breasts Hyper Battle” game. The story is set on Bhikkhuni, one of five artificial islands. Gameplay revolves around the girls who can weaponize their bodies and the girls who wield them, making for an intense, exhilarating action battle game.

Visceral Action and Sexy Production Values Abound

Gameplay proceeds over the course of two phases: adventure parts and action parts. Action parts are conducted within fully polygonal gameplay fields, with players tasked to defeat enemies as they work to achieve the objectives at hand. During combat, the girls work in pairs and by raising their Synchronization, various events can trigger during battle like Multi-Step Weaponization, altered combos, conversations, and more. Pulling off super strong special moves can also potentially tear apart the clothes of friend and foe alike.

Hot and Heavy Girl Transformations

Much care has been put into the gameplay sequences where both girls combine forces during weaponization sequences, which are known as Drives. When a Drive is activated, a sexy cut-in will pop up on screen. There is still a lot more to reveal about the particulars of the game’s sexy hyper battles, especially with respect to the Boob Ranking system, all of which will be shown off in due time.

Characters

VD-Bhikkhuni_03-30-15_Chara_001-600x615.jpg

Ranka Kagurazaka (left, voiced by Kanae Ito)

“Roooger that! Absolute victory! I’ll win no matter what! Even if I lose, I’ll win!”

• Birthday: August 19
  • Blood Type: AB
  • Height: 161
  • Cup Size: G
  • Three Sizes: B89-W53-H81
The younger of the Kagurazaka sisters. Determined and whimsy, she’s a hot-blooded girl who stands out thanks to her boyish behavior. She fights with her fists and goes head-first into battle. Both her and her sister are very sensitive when it comes to their bodies being touched.

Rinka Kagurazaka (right, voiced by Aya Suzaki)

“I think I might be getting excited.”

• Birthday: August 1
  • Blood Type: BO
  • Height: 158
  • Cup Size: H
  • Three Sizes: B93-W57-H84
The oldest of the Kaguzarazaka sisters. Though she’s one to be constantly smiling and has a gentle disposition at heart, her sheer rampaging prowess born from her pure heart strikes fear even in the heart of her younger sister Ranka. She fights with a Japanese sword and leaves a very nice scent in her tracks as she moves.

VD-Bhikkhuni_03-30-15_Chara_002-600x544.jpg

Momo Kuzuryu (left, voiced by Yoko Hikasa)

“I’ll defeat you, I’ll defeat all of you.”

• Birthday: November 9
  • Blood Type: AB
  • Height: 155
  • Three Sizes: B86-W54-H83
A reserved girl with a low voice. She lost her memory and is fighting in hopes of finding out who she is. She repeatedly questions herself, and wields a spear in battle. Starved for knowledge, when she comes across a word that piques her interest, she’ll ask questions for hours on end until things finally make sense for her. She has a cat like figure, and is very cute.

Mana Inagawa (right, voiced by Yumi Hara)

“Don’t worry about it. I know you did your best out there.”

• Birthay: February 28
  • Blood Type: AA
  • Height: 167
  • Three Sizes: B92-W56-H85
A calm, loving girl, Mana serves as the group’s mediator. She can transform her hair into arrows one strand at a time, making her an especially dangerous opponent to face off against knowing her hair can slip through any crack in the enemy’s defenses. Her greatest weapon, however, may be her ability to make people around her crack a smile no matter whether she’s complimenting them or telling them off.

Manpukumaru Chang
1435717062824591.jpg

Age 16 years old
Birthday October 6
Blood type OO
Height: 175cm
Three sizes B: 108 (I) / W: 70 / H: 92

Viola
1435717075956906.jpg

18 years of age
Birthday August 10
Blood type BB
Height: 173cm
Three sizes B: 100 (J) / W: 59 / H: 86

Koharu Tsukikage
1435717086967254.jpg

Age 17 years old
Birthday December 25
Blood type AA
Height 156cm
Three size B: 90 (H) / W: 54 / H: 83

Echigoya
1435717102388579.jpg

18 years of age
Birthday May 20
Blood type AO
Height 149cm
Three size B: 85 / W: 56 / H: 80

Gameplay photos
0088.jpg

0096.jpg

0107.jpg

0118.jpg

0128.jpg

01311.jpg

0149.jpg

0158.jpg

0166.jpg

0186.jpg

0196.jpg

l_551141dc52276_thumb.jpg

Valkyrie-Drive_Fami-Shot_03-25-15_002.jpg

Valkyrie-Drive-Bhikkhuni-2015-03-30.jpg

551141dcc0038.jpg

Valkyrie-Drive_Fami-Shot_03-25-15_005.jpg

00610.jpg

0077.jpg

Last edited:

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Not 100% sure about this game yet. The concept is interesting but after seeing the gameplay it seems very similar to senran kagura, I was hoping Takaki-san would go a different direction with this new IP. I cant imagine this being localized either.

Juihau

Well, since I'unno if anyone else is gonna post it, we've got an OP people.
With vocals by Hitomi Harada, despite the fact that I believe her character is exclusive to the anime. It's about what one would expect, so it's pretty sweet.

BRG Choy

Valkyrie Drive... Now THAT's my kind of anime.

Pretty hype for next week or whenever the first ep comes out.

Juihau

By the way, we've got actual gameplay now.
It seems quite a bit more like a traditional beat em up than the SK games, with a proper dodge mechanic and significantly less focus on big combo numbers than what SK has.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Seems most of the videos are dead.

Guess I'm not watching gameplay lol, also is this just for Vita? I've only seens stuff for Vita

Kodachi

Standard Donor
The gameplay looks awesome! a step up from sk in my opinion. I love the dodge mechanic.

Juihau

Seems most of the videos are dead.

Guess I'm not watching gameplay lol, also is this just for Vita? I've only seens stuff for Vita
Marvelous JP's channel was terminated temporarily for some reason. The videos should be back online now. And yes, it's only for Vita.

synce

Caught a bit of one of hte recent episodes... holy shit, best anime I've seen in years. Tempted to get a Vita

Juihau

And I'd say it's about time to resurrect this thread with news that Bhikkhuni is coming westward this year.

The current working date right now is September 16th iirc, but that's just a placeholder. Nonetheless, between Shantae and Bhikkhuni and probably plenty more that I can't remember off the top of my head, 2016's latter half seems loaded with games for more niche audiences. You could even say it's stacked with them.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD