DOA Name Possibly Removed from Venus Vacation

Dead or Alive: Venus Vacation has been out for a long time, and over the past five years or so of the game lifespan we’ve started to see the regularly announced Venus (that aren't originally DOA girls) completely outnumber the OG fighters that made this series famous to begin with. Now the Dead or Alive name could be missing completely. Was this an oversight from Team NINJA? Could this be a separation of the fighting and volleyball series? Or could this even be the end of the DOA franchise in totality? There are many questions to ask, but we will not be equipped to know for sure until Tokyo Game Show 2024 where Koei Tecmo will air their live presentation.

1726860685746.png

What we do know is that Team NINJA will be releasing a new project surrounding the Venus Vacation name. We also know that this is one of the most lucrative productions within all of Koei Tecmo, sporting their best numbers to date and a fanbase that is constantly ready for new content and new characters that they can fall in love with. There are many players out there that are ready for a new 3D fighting game. How would these players react if the new fighting game was an all-female cast featuring Venus that take styles of previous male characters?

When you think of every possibility; it's hard to factor in a decision Team NINJA could make that doesn't invite some type of controversy. Players are understandably in an odd place, and they have the right to be concerned for their favorite franchise that they have supported for over two decades. My personal belief is that there needs to be a compromise that pleases both parties. After all, Yasuda has said for several years now that he wants to return to classic series and outside of NINJA Gaiden - Dead or Alive is the only classic franchise that Team NINJA has under their belt.

We will keep you updated with all of the latest news prior to TGS and after the event with our news posts and Indepth analysis of Koei Tecmo. This is an interesting time in our long history, and we thank you here at FSD for being a part of our constantly growing community. It's interesting because despite the news or lack thereof for DOA we continue to grow with our readership and user numbers. We know that you guys fight strong and are completely dedicated to this franchise and will continue to honor that with our work.

Last edited:
I don t think That DOA is Dead, Cause It s One Of Major Team Ninja Franchises, Even with all that troubles with doa 6. For me It s Rather Good News Than Bad, cause It s maybe says That TN want to make a distance Between DOA, NG, Venus series (in sense of style and atmosphere). , Where NG And DOA - one whole. And Venus - something Other. One Day Itagaki Said That all we see In Extreme series - it s Zack s Dream And Nothing More. It s Joke In Doa Universe and he s Laugh About some Journalist who Thought That Extreme has canonical Bonds with Doa\NG plot. I m Absolutely Sure That We See NG\DOA Soon - It s Too Popular and even legendary series for TN To Forget about Them, and They Know That Fans Want It, Cause If It s Not - We wouldn t see some Figures With Ayane and Ryu and All of that little Details which Team Ninja like to drop To Fans To Tease Them. I m Not Waiting Some News About DOA Till 2026 (30th anniversary of Doa Series). So, I will just wait and make some art, and other stuff. All will Return - It s Law Of Universe, Trust me).

I think people saying it's the end of DOA are reaching imo. I think the new project will likely focus more on Venus Vacation more as a whole and they're likely discarding the DOA name to keep the brand separate from the actual DOA franchise. Besides the volleyball and swimsuits, we have to be honest and realize that the VV girls outnumber the DOA ones, and the game isn't really much of a Xtreme title in terms of gameplay, Xtreme and VV are definitely quite different gameplay wise besides the obvious volleyball and the DOA girls

I think since the series is now so successful they decided to make it a standalone since I don't think Venus Vacation needs "Dead or Alive Xtreme" in the title anymore since it's not much of that anymore, it can hold it's own weight. I hope maybe this will be either an expansion of the gacha or maybe they're gonna overhaul and improve the models and game so it's more like a current gen gacha.

So basically, Venus Vacation is going full Fighting EX Layer to separate itself from the DOA franchise.
Well I don’t really know. This could be something as simple as an oversight. Could be a good thing or a separation.

I think it’s worth being addressed though.

It would be funny - albeit logical - if the project was Atelier Venus Vacation.

It's the only other franchise currently under the Koei Tecmo brand that has anything remotely abundant when it comes to cheesecake.

I think the end goal was always for VV to be its own thing:
Personally, all I care is whether Tamaki is part of this new game or not.

You will be fine then. There is no way they are letting that asset go. She makes money and that's the general direction KT goes in.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD