Dead or Alive Reboot Character Changes (What If....)

PsychoJinx12

Changes I would make for the characters in a dead or alive reboot.

La Mariposa/Lisa Hamilton : No longer a scientist but a full-on Mexican Wrestler. Gameplay is split between skins as well as fighting styles. La Mariposa costumes would make her gameplay stick to grappling like King from the Tekken series however in the Lisa Hamilton costumes she is a capoeira user with grappling techniques from Brazilian Jit-Justu.

Tina Armstrong: Same as previous versions but is a full-time Country Rock artist. Gameplay the same but now implementing a new mechanic: Hold Throws.

Mila: Grew up with Tina Armstrong and became her best friend from childhood. MMA style now being Boxing, Kickboxing, and Pro-Wrestling (in original universe it was Vale Tudo). Gameplay virtually the same as DOA5-6 but with wrestling moves implemented.

Helena Douglas: Now the biological daughter of Fame Douglas and her mother is still alive. Fighting style is the same but with some Southern Prey Mantis/Nan Pai, Tai Chi, and Baguazhang sprinkled in.

Kokoro: Distant relative of the Douglas family (possibly cousin of Helena in this universe). Fighting style and gameplay the same.

TheHunterKiller692

I'd just make sure Kasumi dies or isn't the protagonist. There's no reason to have a bleeding-heart cunt as the protagonist.

Basically make it so Hitomi is the heroine and Ayane as the sociopathic villain who ACTUALLY lives up to her name and turns into a Nyotengu herself.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I'd just make sure Kasumi dies or isn't the protagonist. There's no reason to have a bleeding-heart cunt as the protagonist.

Basically make it so Hitomi is the heroine and Ayane as the sociopathic villain who ACTUALLY lives up to her name and turns into a Nyotengu herself.

“I want attention while knowing or understanding nothing about the series itself.”

PsychoJinx12

the idea is that in this new reboot, Kasumi is the main protagonists of the reboot (Ryu being unlockable in my idea roster) with Ayane being a lawful neutral type.

HHH816

this is more towards DOA7 with character progression

total reboot = new face plus new story

soft reboot = same face but with DOA1 storyline with a twist

Awesmic

Standard Donor
If the DOA/NG universe gets a reboot:

1) Make a Ninja Gaiden game to serve as not only a prequel to the DOA reboot, but also flesh out Hayate's character immensely... particularly his friendship with Ryu Hayabusa. It would make for a nice segue to learning more about the Mugen Tenshin as a whole outside of the usual suspects. Obviously, Hayate will have to be playable.

2) Instead of having the first 4 DOA tournaments happen within the span of one year, make it two tournaments over the span of two years. The events of the first tournament should remain mostly unchanged, with the exception of Raidou's death and a different approach to how Hayate is captured. Between that time and the second DOA tournament, this gives plenty of time to invest in and expand upon the individual lives of the minor characters rather than be completely focused on the ninjas:

- For Jann Lee, this could be his tough upbringing, his first encounter with Leifang at the age of 14, and how he got unwittingly involved with the Triad as a bouncer.

- For Bass and Tina, this could be the harsh training regimen the former put the latter through following her mother Alicia's untimely death, and Tina sharing her plans with Lisa to one day distance herself from her father to pursue her dreams just as Lisa is pursuing hers.

- For Christie, this could focus on how she was trained at a young age to be one of the fiercest assassins of the underground.

- For Bayman, this could be an opportunity to add more context to his past history with Leon.

- For Zack, his alleged past with Leon could be tied to him once being DOATEC military, but was quickly discharged as a result of that, leaving him penniless and forcing him to compete in the DOA tournament in the first place. As a crash course, he mimicked the Muay Thai style of a retired martial artist named Kelly, which is a nod to a prototype character from the first game.

- Instead of Nyotengu appearing in the human realm after Bankotsubo perished, have it so Nyotengu was hiding in the human realm all along for at least the past 200 years.

- Furthermore, to spice things up a bit, have Genra - Ayane's mentor and foster father - be retconned as being a half-tengu-- a secret known only to him, Raidou, and his father that took the secret to the grave, with the circumstances of his birth being ambiguous. It would certainly make sense of why he ALWAYS wears a mask and why he would free Bankotsubo with the intention of plunging the world into chaos.

These are but a few ideas I have right off the bat. If I gave a full essay, we'd be here forever.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD