Fixed Update to XenForo 1.2 causing some issues.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
We recently updated the boards to version 1.2.0 of XenForo.

There are a bunch of new features that are available with it, but it has caused some issues with our old layout style.

I have attempted to fix what I can but to allow our users the ability to still continue communicating with one another I have set the default style to our mobile style. The mobile style appears to not have the issues the traditional (FSD Light / FSD Dark) style has.

If you would like to use the traditional style even though it's currently being worked on so some features, links, and rendering may not occur, select "FSD Mobile" at the bottom of any page. Then, select whichever style you want.

The following features are also disabled as it is currently having some issues as well:
  • The News / Home Page has been taken offline for now as it prevents users from viewing the Board and Forum lists. It will be restored when we have verified it is working correctly.
  • The Events functionality has been taken offline for now as it prevents users from posting at this time if it is installed.
  • The Tapatalk mobile application has been taken offline for now as it prevents users from posting at this time if it is installed.
  • The Tag User functionality has been taken offline for now as it prevents users from posting at this time if it is installed. This has actually been added as an official feature so the old functionality will be removed.
This thread will be updated as issues are resolved/found.

Thank you,
Matt

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
I don't know if I like this at all.
Media section and status updates are not on the forum main page. That's kind of annoying. Additionally the infobox text is right-margin centered in the custom fields (left on the field descriptions) and many of the buttons are simply not loaded in. Hopefully this is just some rough bugs they're working through as a result of updating the site and that soon they'll have it shaped up better.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Site update. EVERYTHING IS DIFFERENT NOW
I don't know if I like this at all.
Media section and status updates are not on the forum main page. That's kind of annoying. Additionally the infobox text is right-margin centered in the custom fields (left on the field descriptions) and many of the buttons are simply not loaded in. Hopefully this is just some rough bugs they're working through as a result of updating the site and that soon they'll have it shaped up better.

As stated, it's being worked on. XF 1.2 is a big update and so there was going to be some issues.

Brute

Standard Donor
Out of curiosity, what are some of the new features that are/will be available with the new update version?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
All the new features should be available. Most are for administration rights.

One that I can remember off the top of my head is now you'll see quotes beyond a certain number of lines have a "trail off..." so you don't have to see a page long quote and the one line of text response.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
All the buttons, except for bold, in the text editor are blank.
Thanks, I've been working on that. I figured out most of the positioning for the fixed buttons but I have to figure out the mathematical equation to have them display appropriately again.

The buttons are still there and functioning. Their hover text still works as well.

Okay, most of the buttons should be there. I'm going to have to do some work on some of the missing images though but for now they have temp art.

Seeing that you can now see posts again as well I've defaulted the skin to the non-mobile skin again.

Last edited:

TRI Mike

Probably not, could you post a screenshot of it?

FSDscreen_zps181df761.jpg

There @Mr. Wah notice the "half" smileys there.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD