Team Ninja Questions from the DOA Community for D.I.D. #7

MASTER

Standard Donor
This thread is meant for all the DOA fans and Hardcore players to brain storm on what questions should be asked during TEAM NINJA's Visit to the community ran event called DOA In Dallas #7!

Everyone please post questions that you would like to ask Team Ninja even if you will not be able to attend the event! Their will still be a good chance your question may be asked and answered. Please try to refrain from using repeated questions from other gaming sites, forums or interviews (Ex: "When is DOA5 coming out?").

Once we have several questions here, everyone that is going to the event will try to put them together in an organized fashion and take some of the most wanted questions to them first followed up with other interesting questions from the community.

Opportunities like these are pretty rare for direct feedback to the community so now is the time to get your questions or even suggestions asked!

MASTER
:hayabusa:

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Okay, here's a non-gameplay related question:

Characters like Zack and Bass seem to be based heavily on real-life people from 90s popular culture, would you consider any current pop-culture icons to influence future characters in the series?

MASTER

Standard Donor
I wonder who they would pick and interesting question if they decide to go that route for another character.

MASTER
:hayabusa:

KoF06

If it's possible, I want to know if they plan to be just focus on single and tag will be a "bonus mode" or they will try to improve it ?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
To clarify KoF's question:

"Are they going to focus on single player mode, making tag mode feel more like a "bonus mode" or will they try to improve tag as well?"

I think it's a good question that has come up, as Itagaki stated they designed DOA2 and DOA3 to be tag games and were going in that direction, but DOA2U showed them the number of players playing singles and they tried focusing on singles in DOA4 - which broke the tag mode of DOA4 due to the singles changes.

I also find it interesting that the new Tekken Tag has introduced tiered levels in a tag system - something I would have expected Dead or Alive to do first.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD