DOA5U Stance Position Switch Attacks

Rich Nixon

Standard Donor
This is to provide a list of stance switch attacks that can be utilized in stun to switch Bass into Open Stance so that he can combo into :4::4::P:. This assumes you have put the opponent in stun.

:K:
:3::P:
<reserved>
Thanks for starting this thread. 2k is my preference because they have to choose between limbo stun 44p, or sit down stun 3k.

Last edited:

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
:1::K: and :1::K::P: are good for position change and don't cause wallsplat, though not as good as :2::K:, which creates a mixup. The biggest downside of the :P: followup is that opponent can react to it easily.

Berzerk!

What's the best option after 44P?
Are people using 44P at mid range neutral to fish for counter hits - then what?
Is it a combo extender?

I'd like some insight on general use for this move.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I'm having a tough time fitting this into his neutral game.

On normal hit, it's actually not that bad, unless you're facing a wall where it just wall splats. On NH you can still follow it up with i15 or faster moves as it causes a minor stun.

I usually use it certain situations where I'm certain I can land it and it'll lead to good damage, such after BT :h::+::P: or a face-down-feet-away pick up where you can consistently get open stance pick ups.

I suppose I can start using this in stun more. Then again, I have little experience with this move in the general compared to his other tools.

I never use this move against Christie in the neutral game as this has a tendency to whiff when she's ducking.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD