DOA5U Patch updates incoming

Posting from the just now complete Official Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Tournament, Hayashi announced that at the end of January there will be a patch to the Arcade version of the game. In February, the consoles will receive said arcade patch sans Marie Rose. Marie Rose will be available on console some time in the spring.

I would hope they could add more hairstyles for Rachel in this patch

Would be a nice thing to add at least a loose hairs option for her, looking to the number of fans that was asking for it since from her announcement (I don't undertand because they decided to not give alternate hairstyle to Momiji and Rachel).

Said this, of course I think that the priority should be given to the gameplay side of the game and to the improvement and balance of the characters (seeing like TN has already confirmed that there will be additions on the "casual" side)

Last edited:
Glad to know TN is back to playing favorites with Japan yet again.

The only thing that favorite the Japan is the presence of the Arcade on their territory and the fact that the cabinets are the versions of the games to get first the updates (also if they lack of a big part of modes and options included in the console versions).

However, if the gap between the January Arcade patch and the February Console patch (just like the presence of a second patch for including Marie Rose) can be useful to acquire new feedbacks and to implement in the best way possible the game, I have no problem with it :)

The only thing that favorite the Japan is the presence of the Arcade on their territory and the fact that the cabinets are the versions of the games to get first the updates (also if they lack of a big part of modes and options included in the console versions).
That's quite a lot.

That's quite a lot.

Well yes (at least in the short period) but what I meant is that seem to me a choice more dicated for commercial reasons (the market of Arcade cabinets it's almost not existing overseas) that for a real reason to give a preference to the Japanese players.

If something, I think that the possibility to see the gravure movies only on PS3 was the only real favoritism made from TN to a part of their fanbase, but we are talking of the element of the game more far from the fighting game essence of DoA5.

You can see the gravure stuff on youtube anyways

Of course, but I wasn't complaining XD

Mine was just a statement about the only real exclusive made from TN on the game, simple movies that are far from being an active part of the game (also Kasumi's Ragnarok outfit was already hinted that will be made available on Xbox in future).

Well yes (at least in the short period) but what I meant is that seem to me a choice more dicated for commercial reasons (the market of Arcade cabinets it's almost not existing overseas) that for a real reason to give a preference to the Japanese players.
If they released MR for consoles in the West only, that wouldn't hurt their stupid arcade revenue at all because it's an entirely different market since we do not have the arcade. "Oh, but that wouldn't be fair to JP console owners." And this is fair to us how? At least they have the option to play her somehow. We're screwed.

Oh, and I'd like to hear why they feel the need to delay the upcoming patch for consoles. It's not like they need more time to perfect it. If that were the case they'd push it back for the arcade as well. It's not like giving the console the patch at the same time as the arcade would cause some West players who were considering flying out to Japan to play the patch early to not go and thus lose arcade revenue. Only reason is because JP favoritism.

And while we're on the topic, I'd still appreciate a frame data guide for 5U to be released in the West.

Good news! I can't wait for more informations regarding the patch.

Bdt7mVFCMAAQbxs.png:large

- Give Helena that "Diving Dolphin" move from DOA2's opening.
Input : 64P+K or 64P
Stun : same as Lei Fang's 64P

- And maybe a new cool costume, but I'm okay with her current selection.

Would be nice if they increased the speed of ducking. As for my own characters. Sarah is fine. Christie is fine. Helena's id wish they'd replace a few of her hand slap attacks with flashier attacks. Kokoro could use more tracking moves as well as her PPTP and 6p+kp to stun again. All im asking and hoping for.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD