[Jun 5, 2012] IPL: DOA5 at E3 (Day 1) (Los Angeles, CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Kicking off at E3 with an exciting competition, the IPL’s DEAD OR ALIVE 5 pro gaming tournament will continue throughout the summer culminating in the crowning of the “I’m a Fighter” world champion shortly before the game’s September launch. The E3 tournament will qualify the first set of finalists for the tournament series to find the ultimate DOA5 champion, with each match streamed on large screens at Tecmo-Koei's E3 booth and live broadcast on doa.ign.com. Aspiring fighters are encouraged to sign up at the TKA booth, located in the South Hall, Booth #2047. Come early for the best viewing spots as crowds are sure to gather!

The E3 portion of the tournament is divided into 4 pools with a top 8 tournament final:
Tuesday, June 5th (UTC -7, PDT)
12:00 PM: Broadcast Begins
1:00 PM: Tournament Qualifier 1
4:00 PM: Tournament Qualifier 2
6:00 PM: Broadcast Ends

Each pool will have a total of 16 players, with the top 2 advancing on to the final 8 on Thursday. There will be special guests on the live broadcast, as well as a few surprised that I know you guys will enjoy.

As mentioned on the Facebook link, the E3 build consists of 12 characters and 6 stages. Once E3 is live and broadcasting, I'll be able to answer more in-depth questions on the E3 build. There will also be in-depth articles (including frame data) on the IGN DOA5 page during E3.

IPL Stream and DOA5 Info Page: http://doa.ign.com

Players Attending:
- Marie "Kayane" Norindr
- Adande "sWooZie" Thorne
- Vanessa Arteaga
- Emmanuel "Master" Rodriguez
- Sebastian "Chosen1" Burton

Commentators:
- Erik "Rikuto" Argetsinger
- Kat "Mystik" Gunn

Status
Not open for further replies.