DOA In Dallas (D.I.D.) #7 June 10th-12th! $500 Guaranteed!

MASTER

Standard Donor
Team Ninja will be at DOA In Dallas #7!
team_ninja_2.jpg
Shimbori-san (Middle left by NG Poster) and Hayashi-san (Middle right by NG Poster)

Hayashi-San: Team Ninja Leader
Shimbori-San: Team Ninja Director (A Part of Team Ninja since even the Itagaki-San Era)
Peter Garza: Team Ninja Localization Director

This Thread is intended for everything related to the upcoming DOA Tournament in Dallas! (D.I.D. #7)

DOA In Dallas #7

When: June 10th-12th! Tourney will mainly take place on Saturday!
Where: Downtown Dallas Texas
400 North Olive Street
Dallas, TX 75201
Get Directions
(214) 922-8000

Venue Fee: This is based on what A-Kon charges for entry to everything.
3 Day Memberships are now at the low, low price of $45.00. You can use our mail-in form or purchase them online. (If you are not interested in the Anime convention at all there is a Gaming badge for 20$)

DOA4 Rules:
Character select - All Character allowed
Life Setting - Largest Life
Time Limit - 60 Seconds
Stage/Map Select - Must pick Random Select for Map. Only Experimental Playground is Banned and players must return to Character select to try again.

DOA4 Tournament Fee: - 15$

DOA4 Prize Money - Current minimum is 500$ distributed to the top three competitors. Currently working on a sponsorship and waiting for final confirmation, so this pot could go higher.

DOA: Dimensions Rules:
Character select - All characters allowed Except Bosses (Subject to change)
Life setting - Largest Life
Time limit - 60 seconds
Stage/Map Select - Must pick Random, all maps allowed
DOA: D Tournament Fee: -TBD
DOA: D Prize Money - TBD

Some Basic Hotel info if you want some personal space or plan to bunk with someone!
The room rates for this year are as follows:

* Single (King Bed) or Double (2 Queen Beds) Room (for 1 – 4 people) = $167.00 per night plus tax.
* Executive Suite = $250.00 per night plus tax.
* Dallas Suite = $450.00 per night plus tax.
Click this LINK for more info if you want to get your own hotel.

DOA In Dallas Has been around for almost 7 years! lets look back on a few of the moments!

DOA In Dallas 1!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcXmY2uAIm4&feature=player_embedded

DOA In Dallas 2!

DOA In Dallas 3!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urahrlSxZ3Q&feature=player_embedded

DOA In Dallas 4!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAG1Lz0DZWU

DOA In Dallas 5!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iwGTyYvAjE

DOA In Dallas 6!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrueMZbzUkk

DOA In Dallas 7! . . . . Waiting on you ;-)

Remember this will be together in conjunction with the Anime convention called A-Kon! Here is more info about the convention if you'd like to know more

UPDATE!!

Team Ninja will also be giving out special prizes to PLAYERS AND FANS! So far confirmed are:
10 copies of DOAD and 5-10 copies of Dynasty Warriors 7
12 – Ayane 1/6 scale figures (DOAX2 Venus on the beach! Series)

2 – Ryu Hayabusa 1/6 scale pre-painted figures from NINJA Gaiden

30 – Kasumi mouse pads

20 – sets of 4 Dynasty Warriors pens from Japan (DW6 in Japan, which is DW7 here)

24 (possibly 48) – Samurai Warriors 3 mini-figurines from Japan vol. 1 and vol.2 (random assortment of characters)

One more thing, we just confirmed that Ninja Gaiden 3 will be playable at D.I.D.#7! ! ! You heard(Read) right! There will be TWO stations there! One on PS3 and the other on XBOX360!

Another sponsorship confirmed, Thanks to the NVGA and DFWGames Department is "Vibras Five.One" Gaming Headset will be there and will have the latest headset playable on the NG3 XBOX360 Version for everyone to get the 5.1 surround sound experience!!

vibras-5.1-292x300.jpg

Don't forget to have your questions ready not only for team ninja but for MONTY OUM and his AMAZING Dead Fantasy Series! He will be there for the event as well for a meet and greet!

Dead_Fantasy_1.jpg

This will be together in conjunction with the Anime convention called A-Kon! Here is more info about the convention if you'd like to know more

Stay tuned for MORE updates HERE!

MASTER
:hayabusa:

MASTER

Standard Donor
If you are for sure coming please post up or PM ME. If you need help finding cheap fairs on Bus, Plane etc. shoot me a PM and i will help you where i can.

Here is the list of players coming.
1 ) Grand Poobah/Dahlsim
2 ) Robyn
3 ) sWooZie
4 ) INFINITE LIGHT
5 ) Vanessa/Vii
6 ) MASTER
7 ) HP/GOD
8 ) Allen Paris
9 ) Arnell Long
10)Sweet Revenge
11)Wolf
12)Jann Lee086
13)DaReaper
14)BEST/ReignDrops
15)MontyOum
16)J-Rock
17)o S E N S E I o
18)
19)
20)
21)
22)
23)
24)
25)
26)
27)
28)
29)
30)

MASTER
:hayabusa:

The HuBBs

Moved to proper forum and stickied.

Added to event page as well. Note that you can make an event page and thread at the same time.

MASTER

Standard Donor
Thanks Sorwah and Hubbs! Yeah i didn't know regular users had access to that so it didn't even pop up in my head to try it but now i know for future events! Great stuff and my bad for putting it on the wrong spot.

MASTER
doa3_Hayabusa_c1.gif

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
No problem.

I can't think of one of our public functions that isn't open to the everyone on the site.

You could even toss the DID videos in the media category. Just have to click "Submit media" while signed into an account.

Raansu

Team Ninja will be at DOA In Dallas #7!
team_ninja_2.jpg
Shimbori-san (Middle left by NG Poster) and Hayashi-san (Middle right by NG Poster)

So, word on the street was that sponsorship was in the works for DOA In Dallas #7, but this probably wasn't exactly what any of us expected. With DOA Dimensions around the corner, this might be the perfect time to have the community involved directly with the head-hanchos! On top of it all, they will be supporting the event with special swag, like DOA miniature statues, mousepads, posters and more! There is also word about them presenting the trophies to the champions and perhaps having them have a panel for all the fans to get a chance to have a nice Q and A session, something said to be currently in the works!

More details will probably come as the event gets closer, but for everyone that wants to know who or how many guests will be attending the event from Team Ninja camp, well here is the list!
Hayashi-San: Team Ninja Leader
Shimbori-San: Team Ninja Director (A Part of Team Ninja since even the Itagaki-San Era)
Peter Garza: Team Ninja Localization Director

Peter Garza (The young man with the glasses)

For everyone that wants hardcore DOA competition, good prize money that has also been hinted of getting bigger, meet with your online buddies offline for some parties and good fun! Last and definitely not least, meet the creators of the Dead Or Alive series, including DOA Dimensions! This is a perfect opportunity for the community to represent their love for the game. What else is there to say? DOA In Dallas, where DOA is the main event! D.I.D.7 is still 2 MONTHS AWAY, so try to get your road trip or flight planned before it is too late!
-doacentral.com

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Glad to see you guys finally announced it. Looks like DiD7 will be fun for all attendees.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Again, I can't confirm if I'm going or not. I'll keep checking airfare prices but right now it's looking like $400-500 for anyone on the east coast.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
<grap3> Matt just called me from DID.
<grap3> He talked to Hayashi a bit and the right hand man in charge of DOA or something to that effect, it was hard to hear due to my phone sucking and Matt being at the event.
<grap3> Matt told Hayashi if they make a DOA3 Ultimate to call him up to balance it.
<grap3> Team Ninja also said that they were open to having a round-table discussion about the gameplay at the event.
<grap3> Oh, the "right hand man" that I mentioned, only came on to Team Ninja in 2004, so he wasn't there for DOA3/3.1's development.
<grap3> What else did he say...
<grap3> Oh!
<grap3> Rikuto was accidentally deleted from the winner's bracket by Manny.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
<grap3> Team Ninja's interested in hearing why Mr. Wah likes 3 over 4.
<grap3> Just off a quick call with him again.
<grap3> "That's a loaded question."
<grap3> Was his response.
<grap3> They got the localization guy involved in the conversation and they had a small round table with... I think Virtua Pai as well.
<grap3> My phone is shit, so I have a hard time hearing.
<grap3> Anyway, during the conversation though, the Team Ninja guy had to go off to show Ninja Gaiden 3 to the anime convention people.
<grap3> They'll probably going to go into it more tomorrow and Mr. Wah said it'd be easier to show them the differences.
<grap3> Oh, they're also holding a small 3.1 or 3++ tournament tomorrow too.
<grap3> DOAD is also being held tomorrow.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD