Character list leaked from Demo's EXE

Awesmic

Standard Donor
For crying out loud would people not drop the rachel idea already?
She has nothing to do with doa.
Hell muramasa, the old blacksmith dude has more to do with the game since he fricken showed up in doa4s story mode. If any ng character should pop up its him. The rest can shove it.

I'd rather have unique styles like eileens monkey style from vf or hakans oil wrestling style from sf4, not some bimbo giant with a made up move list.
Uncool, man. I like that bimbo giant. =(

Blazeincarnated

For crying out loud would people not drop the rachel idea already?
She has nothing to do with doa.
Hell muramasa, the old blacksmith dude has more to do with the game since he fricken showed up in doa4s story mode. If any ng character should pop up its him. The rest can shove it.

I'd rather have unique styles like eileens monkey style from vf or hakans oil wrestling style from sf4, not some bimbo giant with a made up move list.

Who said she had to be part of the story? Stop jumping to conclusions.

PhoenixVFIRE

Rig sounds like a name for a badass character for some reason. It's like, "What's your name?", "It's Rig.", "Rig what?","Just Rig...nothing more, nothing less."

Then BAM! Kicks a ton of ass.

He can be our mysterious cool dude character that shows up to kick ass right when he needs to.
Full Name: Rig
AKA: Who's That!
Martial Art: You Won't Win-Fu!
Nationality: Doesn't Matter
Blood Type: I've Never Seen My Own Blood.
Birthday: Every Year
Height: Taller Than You.
Weight/Body Size: I'm Sexy and I Know It.
Romantic/Family Relations: None
Tag Partner: Who Ever I Want.
Hobbies: Occasionally I Like To Kick Your Ass.
Favorite Food/Drink: Anything I Want To Eat/Drink.
Favorite Color: Colors That Look Good On Me.
Debut: Dead or Alive 5

I spent too much time on this post... LOL

I believe I called it.

Rig, also known as The Fighter without a Past”, is a mysterious figure; even he doesn't know his real name or where he comes from. His colleagues simply call him "Rig", since they simply found him years ago on the oil rig that he now calls home. Surviving through instinct alone, Rig is a natural born fighter, learning from intuition and discipline. Mastering the fundamentals of Taekwondo, Rig has expanded his arsenal, supplementing the ancient art to create his own discipline consisting of never-before-seen moves that have become his signature style.

BlackOrochi

maybe she evolves into SIGNAL-2 and gets red stripes on the side :p

Oh, the possibilities! lmao

I believe I called it.

Rig, also known as The Fighter without a Past”, is a mysterious figure; even he doesn't know his real name or where he comes from. His colleagues simply call him "Rig", since they simply found him years ago on the oil rig that he now calls home. Surviving through instinct alone, Rig is a natural born fighter, learning from intuition and discipline. Mastering the fundamentals of Taekwondo, Rig has expanded his arsenal, supplementing the ancient art to create his own discipline consisting of never-before-seen moves that have become his signature style.

Phoenix, TN just called: you won a lifetime supply of Signal-2 toothpaste :)

Lexmark2

Sorry if this doesn't go here didn't know where else to post it. Anyway anyone have any clue as to why? I hope they aren't redoing her face as its imo the best one they've done so far. I found this very odd that they didn't have her render during e3 but even more so now after the reveal of rig and he's on the website.

Allan Paris

Sorry if this doesn't go here didn't know where else to post it. Anyway anyone have any clue as to why? I hope they aren't redoing her face as its imo the best one they've done so far. I found this very odd that they didn't have her render during e3 but even more so now after the reveal of rig and he's on the website.

It's in the right place, now. Please look for the proper threads to post in. This did not deserve its own topic.

Maybe they overlooked Tina when updating the site. It's no big deal, she's in the game.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Is he asking about the Tina render? I don't think that belongs here and could potentially warrant its own thread on speculation whether she's getting remodeled a la Hitomi.

Allan Paris

Is he asking about the Tina render? I don't think that belongs here and could potentially warrant its own thread on speculation whether she's getting remodeled a la Hitomi.

No sir, his question is;

Anyway anyone have any clue as to why? I found this very odd that they didn't have her render during e3 but even more so now after the reveal of rig and he's on the website.

She's on the the EXE list in this thread. So this question raises the idea, that maybe she's not in the game (flaw(s) in the list)? Although we know she is.

I hope they aren't redoing her face as its imo the best one they've done so far.

This is a personal feeling in regard to Tina that he doesn't want to happen. Not a question. Even still, if it was it would go in the "Graphical Changes" thread.

Now that I think about it, there is a render of her, isn't it? She's wearing the cowgirl outfit.

Lexmark2

It's in the right place, now. Please look for the proper threads to post in. This did not deserve its own topic.

Maybe they overlooked Tina when updating the site. It's no big deal, she's in the game.
Thanks I wasn't sure where to post this :). I just find it odd that they would overlook her on their website.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Both uk and us tourneys end of August are promising a near complete build of the game...
Shouldn't we be seeing more frequent reveals if thats the case?

RoboJoe

Not necessarily. We will probably get 4 out of the 9 remaining characters by late August, along with finalized mechanics. That sounds near complete to me. I believe this to be especially true considering that the game will likely have gone gold by August.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Okay, I've got some really bad news. After all this "someone might be getting cut" talk, I went in and double checked the characters in the Alpha demo's code.

What I found is that while Leon does have a camera for use during character select and in game use, he doesn't have any costumes or model data listed in the actual demo like everyone else.

Alpha-152 has no character select camera but does have an in-game camera and a single costume listed.

It looks like Leon got cut really early in the development of the game and that we'll only have 23 playable characters.

Here's the corrected list of playable characters in alphabetical order:
  • Akira
  • Ayane
  • Bass
  • Bayman
  • Brad
  • Christie
  • Eliot
  • Gen Fu
  • Hayabusa
  • Hayate
  • Helena
  • Hitomi
  • Jann Lee
  • Kasumi
  • Kokoro
  • Lei Fang
  • Lisa
  • Mila
  • Pai
  • Rig
  • Sarah
  • Tina
  • Zack

PhoenixVFIRE

Okay, I've got some really bad news. After all this "someone might be getting cut" talk, I went in and double checked the characters in the Alpha demo's code.

What I found is that while Leon does have a camera for use during character select and in game use, he doesn't have any costumes or model data listed in the actual demo like everyone else.

Alpha-152 has no character select camera but does have an in-game camera and a single costume listed.

It looks like Leon got cut really early in the development of the game and that we'll only have 23 playable characters.

Here's the corrected list of playable characters in alphabetical order:
  • Akira
  • Ayane
  • Bass
  • Bayman
  • Brad
  • Christie
  • Eliot
  • Gen Fu
  • Hayabusa
  • Hayate
  • Helena
  • Hitomi
  • Jann Lee
  • Kasumi
  • Kokoro
  • Lei Fang
  • Lisa
  • Mila
  • Pai
  • Rig
  • Sarah
  • Tina
  • Zack
Wow, I still hope this is wrong :( I thought Pai was also an unsure of character. I remember reading people say that they weren't sure if she was just story mode or playable. It also bothers me that they would rather have 3 guest characters if it meant getting rid of other characters >_> Wow...that's just dumb.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD