"BLOOOOD, them tings bounce, thats propper takin the piss" [DOA2MA at HOG]

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Somewhere in a dark arcade in England, a Naomi arcade machine and Naomi board come to life.

NJiMp.jpg

and it displays this message...

mcS7H.jpg

Wow...okay, let's check it out

hePRd.jpg

...fuck

well

NBCKu.jpg

fuck you to-

"naaa, man, jokin'"

VkTk2.jpg

Oh, sorry. You know I still love you :)

"BATTTY maaan"

:(

So, this is DOA2M also known as Millennium.

MFSgl.jpg

This game was the last DOA arcade game by Team Ninja.

Similar to the first DOA2A, it has four modes and it's pretty much the same engine. Certain things are different from the console ports, but overall it's still DOA2.

The game has four main modes. I didn't bother setting everything to factory settings because I doubt anyone actually knew we had this in the first place. I can take pictures of the test mode menu too if anyone wants to see the background.

Ckh2M.jpg

This is also the Japanese version of the game, though you can change the language to English.

h5Wt1.jpg

The graphics are slightly different on the arcade version. The lighting engine is actually rather toned down and there is only one light source in this scene with the character model. Characters have higher polygons though, but they still pretty much the same as their console counterparts. Only Tina looks a bit different however, but nothing major.

Most of the intros are in the arcade version.

Ruro2.jpg

Like this one.

HvQxy.jpg

and this

1vP5T.jpg

and this

rgM37.jpg

and this

sGoTg.jpg

this

J7P5n.jpg

and this

nt8Uq.jpg

and even this

EoZxK.jpg

aaaand this

ViORD.jpg

me playing around a bit earlier.

As far as I know, the only guy in the UK who has the game is FireBug in Heart Of Gaming, currently in Potters Bar area, a bit outside of London.

Regarding controls, the 4-point hold in this game requires you to actually do half-circle motions for your holds. I do know that the mid punch and kick holds are 6 to 4 and 4 to 6 respectively, but I'm not sure about the high and low holds.

If you're interested, let me know and we could get people to play a real arcade game.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
The holds are:
:6::7::F: for highs
:6::4::F: for mid punch
:4::6::F: for mid kick
:6::1::F: for lows

They abandoned the circular direction required for kicks once they went to the original DOA2.

FakeSypha

Oh god, I'd love to see a DOA2 arcade again... that would be a nostalgia bomb. Glorious days they were.

Never heard of this particular version, or at least I don't remember it at all. Thanks for sharing it, man!

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
No arcade games, but we got some good 3.2 sessions, which was good for Rev to learn a few things. We'll probably set something up in the new HOG.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD